Wonder why there is a Google analytics property tracking ID at the bottom of your YouTube Creator dashboard’s channel advanced option?
Google analytics property tracking option helps you to track traffic and the integration of people of YouTube. In simple terms, it tells you what your viewers are doing on your YouTube channel. If you have thousands or millions of viewers visiting your YouTube channel, then this free tool can give you tons of new insights that you never thought about.
- How are people finding your channel?
- How are they actually getting to your channel base?
- Which is your top referring video to your channel?
- What are people searching for on Google that is leading to your actual channel?
- How often do they come back to your channel page?
- When they get there, how much time are they spending there?
- You’ll also be able to see what countries people are coming from, what languages they speak, etc.
Here is the simple step by step procedure.
Phase 1 – Navigate to Google Analytics, and click “Access Analytics.” If you already have an account, you will be directed to the Google Analytics dashboard. If not, enter your Google account username and password and then click “Register” to sign up for a new account.
NEW TO GA but have a YT Channel?
If you are new to Google analytics, then you can start by adding the existing YouTube account to your new google analytics page settings.
- Simply click the “My Analytics Accounts” drop-down menu, and select “Create New Account.” Click “Sign Up” to continue.
- Enter your YouTube channel website address and a name for the Google Analytics account, and then click “Continue.”
- Fill in your country and name, and then click “Continue.”
- Agree to the “Terms and Conditions,” and then click “Create New Account.”
After creating your new account on Google analytics with your YouTube channel name, click the “Google Analytics” logo to return to the dashboard.
From now on, following steps will be same for You Tubers who already had a Google analytics account, but needs to add or integrate YouTube channel. And for the YouTubers who already have a YouTube channel, but needs to integrate with Google analytics.
Find and note down the ID of your Google Analytics property:
To do that,
Click the Admin page (Check the image below)
Select your YouTube channel account from the dropdown in the ACCOUNT column.
Click the drop-down in the property settings column.
Under property; CLICK -> Tracking info
Copy the Tracking ID-
Attach Google Tracking ID to your YouTube Creator Dashboard.
- Click Channel –> Advanced
- Go to the bottom of the page and there you will find the google analytics property tracking id.
- Click Save –> Your YouTube channel connected your Google analytics
If you are wondering how you will get the above-mentioned insights and analysis from your Google analytics, then for that, you have to add filters to the YouTube channel account you just created in google analytics. Our next follow-up blog will be how to integrate your channel with different filters to achieve various insights.