Here is step by step, updated, and easy guide on how to change your YouTube Channel Name.
For this, you need to be using a computer first. Then, open your favorite browser, and go to youtube.com. Enter your email address and password, and sign in your Google account. after signing in follow these steps:
1. Click on your Thumb Image at the top right corner of any YouTube page.
2. Click on the “Creator Studio” button.
3. Then click on the “View Channel” link.
4. Then click on the “Settings Icon”.
Earlier, there used to a Pencil icon for editing your channel. YouTube has changed a lot since 2015, so we need to adapt to the new and better setting as well.
5. Go to the “Advanced Settings” link.
6. Click “Edit” to edit your channel name.
Make sure your channel is connected on Google +.
7. Now click the “Change” button near your channel’s name.
Clicking this will redirect you to your Google + page where you can edit all your channel’s display settings.
8. Now type a different name you wish to have for everyone to view your channel as.
Now, this is the step where you actually learn how to change your YouTube Channel name. You can change your banner and display icon from here too. From those camera edit icons.
9. Click OK to save the changes. And you’re done!
Hit refresh on your channel page, and you will see your new YouTube name. Keep in mind this will change your name and photo across Google services.
After you’ve created or edited your name, you may need to wait several months to change it again. It will depend on how recently you created your profile and when you last changed your name.
So there you go, this is how easy it is to change your YouTube Channel name. Just follow the steps above and carry a new identity for your YouTube channel whenever required.