Are you delighted at the sight of your old posts?
That delicious Sunday brunch with school friends or those picturesque clicks you took on that unplanned off-roading.
Is it getting tough to resist the urge to share or repost these memories?
If you were searching on how to repost on Instagram, then this blog is just for you.
Social media has got all pictures, videos, memes, and creatives flowing freely all over its channels. That is why the share button holds immense power when it comes to the making of a cyber-star.
When you put up a post (or see another content), the primary menu offers you the option of sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr. Whereas weirdly enough, Instagram does not have any provision or inbuilt option to share posts on itself.
The most that can be done here is using the post as a sticker in the stories or copying the link and sharing it.
Wondering what to do if you wanted to re-share a content independently as a new post?
This is a step-wise guide that will help users learn about reposting and sharing content already posted. These posts that you want to share or repost on your account can be an older content of yours or may belong to some other account/creator.
There are two ways to repost on Instagram
Using Reposting Apps
Nowadays, we have an app for almost every little thing in life. Right from grocery stores, to silly time-pass games, app developers have left almost no stones unturned when it comes to developing new apps for all categories.
The most obvious way to repost on Instagram is using the same image/video and content as a copy of originals, and for that, there are several other apps which do it better.
Steps on how to repost on Instagram using apps:
- Download the third party application from app stores on the device (Repost on Instagram, InstaRepost, etc.)
- Install the app
- Open your Instagram application on the same device
- Find the post you want to repost or share (post can be an old one on your account or other’s content on your feed)
- Click on the three dots menu option on the upper right corner of the post
- Select “Copy link” option from the list that appears on the feed
- Minimize Instagram and open the re-share app
- You should see the latest copied post from Instagram on the application
- Edit, crop, make changes as per requirement
- If you are using content from another account for reposting, then it will provide a space for credits to the original creator. You can place it at any corner of the post and decide the background shade
- After adjusting all elements, click on Repost
- Congratulations! You just learned how to repost on Instagram using apps
Using Screenshot and post
Now that you know how to repost on Instagram using re-share applications, the other option should be known as a reliable backup.
There can be a plethora of reasons for not using an app to repost content. You may not prefer giving access to your information/data/files/images to another app, or don’t like cluttered device storage.
The reason can be anything. Therefore, a simple screenshot gets the work done and creates lesser mess.
The technique is effortless as all you have to do is take a screenshot of the post you want to share, crop, or edit it and share as a regular new post on Instagram.
This method may make the post look less formal or unofficial than the end product obtained through repost apps. Still, it is a widely used option for many Instagrammers.
It is always advised to ask permission and give credits to the original creator of content. Such ethics are much appreciated all over social media platforms.