Having a verified Facebook page is a big deal.
Not everyone or every random organization can have a “verified page” tick on their Facebook accounts. As Facebook selects these profiles, no one had any control over this feature; until now.
This update is something that media companies, public figures, influencers, marketers and especially advertisers have been asking for, as branded content is growing in 2017 along with “Fake News & Duplicate Accounts.” There are many instances where Facebook became the launchpad for many celebrity death hoaxes and even proved effective in damaging Hilary Clintons 2017 U.S Presidential elections.
With the help of the Brand Content tool that they introduced last year, celebrities and influencers were able to tag the marketer in the branded content post. So, anytime they mentioned product, the marketer affiliated with that product could access the post-level insights and will have the option of sharing and boosting the post.
But, at present, there are thousands of other brands and influencers who can access this “Branded Content Tool Tag,” but are not “Facebook Verified.”
UPDATE 1 – Bringing Branded Content to More Facebook Pages
With the help of the feedback from various creators and partners, Facebook launched three new updates that are,
- Enabling more Pages to share branded content on Facebook
- Updating the branded content tag
- Simplifying our policy and enforcement guideline
Yes, now anyone can send their Facebook page to get a “verified tick” just by filling a form to request access to Facebook’s Brand Content Tool.
Also, before submitting an application, you need to comply with following updated branded content policy.
- Pre, mid, or post-roll ads in videos or audio content are not allowed.
- The influencer cannot include banner ads in videos or images.
- Don’t include title cards within a video’s first three seconds. Interstitial ad cards outside of a video’s first three seconds, such as mid cards or end cards, must not persist for longer than three consecutive seconds and must not be included in Facebook Stories.
- One cannot include or tag a brand facebook page without their consent.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including by ensuring that you provide all necessary disclosures to people using Facebook, such as any disclosures needed to indicate the commercial nature of content posted by you.
- Facebook changed theirs content violation policy too. Now, pages that post branded content in violation of Facebook’s policy will just get a notification, and the post will still appear but not in the News Feed.
Once eligible, the Branded Content Facebook Pages who wish to share branded content will need to adhere to the policies as mentioned above and use the branded content tool to tag their business partners in their posts. Apart from these policy updates, Facebook will also allow logos, watermarks to continue throughout a video.
UPDATE 2 – Branded Content Tag
To make the branded content post more visible, Facebook is including the word “Paid” in the post. So, next time, marketers can easily distinguish the difference between a branded content and non-branded content.
As duplicate Facebook pages could be costing you thousands of fake ad impressions, you might be surprised how much a duplicated brand page with a thousand or fewer fans can damage your brand and advertising campaign. There are at least two fake accounts of every known celebrity at present, and this new Facebook update can help solve this issue from the ground level and can become the new level for battling spam’s.
Being an artist, movie buff and a media enthusiast, content writing is my career train. I am a proud alumni of Symbiosis Institute of Media Communication (Pune) and currently working for Vidooly.