Videos have been taking over marketing since the rise of YouTube. Every social media channel has hopped on the video bandwagon by allowing users to create, edit, and share their videos on different platforms. The more videos have been available, the more audiences have been watching them.
If you are not using videos in your marketing campaigns or measuring their effectiveness for your goals, then you are behind in marketing.
Viewers of all ages and demographics watch videos, and many prefer them over static images and text. With the increased availability and accessibility to videos and video creation, consumption is on the rise. Continue reading below to learn about the importance of video for your marketing campaigns and how to make analytics work for you.
Want to understand Video Consumption Trends of your Audience? Contact us for a detailed report
Reach out to us at email@example.com
Why You Need to be Looking at Video Analytics
Why do you look at analytics for any campaign? You do it to make sure you are reaching marketing goals and using resources effectively. Analytics help you understand how well your content is performing. By using this data, especially over a long period of time, you can learn about your audience, discover which tactics work, and shift your strategy accordingly.
“Understanding analytics, as a pathway to understanding user behavior and fully optimizing campaigns has been a critical component of our marketing strategy”, said Marcin Ladowski, COO of CarBrain.com.
More specifically, video analytics show you how engaged and interested viewers are in your content. While audiences can look at an image, it is difficult to know how long they looked at it for or if it impacted them unless they engage with it through comments, likes, or shares. However, video analytics allow you to inspect the length of time someone spent watching your product or at what point they stopped.
Powerful data that can help you make dramatic and effective changes to your future video content strategies.
Check out our Sample Reports on Video Analytics
Video Analytics that Matter
Like other advertising creatives, you can track many metrics during the life of a campaign. However, you do not need to track everything to find out if your videos are successful. The following are metrics that will be most beneficial for you to analyze in a video marketing campaign:
- Views – This metric helps you see which days and times your video is viewed most often. This can help you in future campaigns as you will know the best times to post or promote your content.
- Watch Time – This is a very strong indicator of the performance of videos. Longer views indicate that your audience is engaged, while a high drop-off rate can signal that you missed the mark.
- Demographics – This metric shows you who your audience is, how old they are, and which country or state they are viewing your content from. Demographic information lets you know if you are targeting the right viewers.
- Device – Understanding which device your viewers are watching from helps you make an informed decision about video placement and optimization to increase their performance on a website.
- Traffic Source – Knowing how your viewers found your video is crucial to your overall marketing plan and budget. Traffic sources help you to see where your advertising can best be spent and let you know if it is even working at all.
How Video Data Helps You With Campaigns
In today’s digital marketing climate, data is king. It helps you get to know your audience and customers better than they know themselves. This way, you can accurately target them. In short, analyzing video data can help you improve your strategy.
By analyzing data, you can make informed decisions about what to do in future campaigns. Moreover, analytics can inform you about the status of a current campaign so that you can adjust variables to optimize performance and resource usage.
Videos are the Present and Future of Marketing
Everyone is watching videos these days. For instance, we head to YouTube if we need help with a DIY project. Online courses are primarily in video format, and TikTok is the place to go for a laugh. 78 percent of people watch videos online every week and over 50 perfect watch videos online every day.
Humans are visual and find videos to be more memorable than other types of content. In fact, we retain 95 percent of information when it is presented to us in a video compared to 10 percent when we read it.
We love videos, and so do our audiences. With more than 50 percent of people watching videos regularly, if you are not utilizing this creative asset in your marketing, you are missing out on an effective strategy and failing to realize the full potential of your marketing campaigns.