Facebook just updated its AD BREAKS through its Facebook’s Audience Network. Now monetize Facebook videos just like YouTube.
It’s now the perfect time to double down on making YouTube videos and then uploading it to Facebook to generate revenue.
Last May, Facebook tested their two different advertising formats for Audience Network videos. At that time, both in-stream and in-article formats were used for selected verified publishers like USA Today Sports Media Group and Daily Mail (mobile).
Now, with their new video monetization updates, the partners can monetize their premium video content by registering with Facebook Audience Network.
- All eligible publishers can now make money from in-stream video ads on their own websites and apps through Audience Network.
- Facebook is expanding their beta test of Ad Breaks in Facebook Live to additional profiles and Pages in the U.S.
- Facebook is already testing their Ad Breaks feature in on-demand video’s on Facebook with a small number of partners.
What is Facebook Audience Network?
Facebook’s Audience Network helps publishers grow sustainable businesses by optimizing for consumer experience and advertiser value. It leverages more than 1.8 billion users’ insights to help publishers with instream inventory to deliver highly relevant video ads to their global audience across mobile apps and desktop users.
This Audience Network can leverage the demand from Facebook’s 4M global advertisers, including many small businesses, to deliver higher CPMs and consistent fill rates across the world, wherever the publishers’ audience is.
Following are the requirements for publishers who would like to apply to Facebook Audience Network.
- Ads must be pre-roll or mid-roll, with video content after the ad.
- Post-roll ads, pre-game ads and mid-game ads are not eligible.
- Click-to-play videos are eligible.
- Auto-play videos are only eligible if the video player is the main element of the page. Videos in the articles must be click-to-play.
- The videos must have sound on by default.
- The player should be at least 500px wide on the desktop and 300px wide on mobile.
- Advertisements of Audience Network will be skippable at 10 seconds if the total duration exceeds 30 seconds. Advertisements under 30 seconds are not skippable.
- Web players must support VPAID. The page URL must be retrievable by audience Network’s VPAID and must be the same as the page URL in the request.
[ What is VPAID – VPAID is a Video Ad Serving Template and is termed as Video Player Ad-Serving Interface Definition.]
- You must have the Audience Network SDK integrated on any mobile apps for in-stream video ads.
[ Audience Network SDK is used to add iOS or Android app to a Facebook app id and it’s the basic requirement to request an ad.]
NOTE: To ensure that mobile app users are running the latest audience networks SDK, here is the link to their implementation guide.
How to Apply for Facebook Audience Network
In order to avail this feature, publisher’s must be approved to run in-stream advertisements from Audience Network. Here is the simple procedure.
- Log into your developers.facebook.com account and apply from ‘Apps and websites’ under Audience Network.
- Before you apply, ensure that the domain or app and financial payout information are all complete in your account.
- Once you’ve completed all the details and submitted the request, the Audience Network team will review the details and you will be notified once your player has been approved.
- Once approved, you will be able to create a placement for in-stream video in the Audience Network section of developers.facebook.com.
So, if you are interested in generating revenue through in-stream video advertisements, then you can visit their product page to get more info.