We at Vidooly came up with a comprehensive report on the Facebook video landscape in India. The report has an analysis of the top Facebook Pages from India that focus on online video for every month of 2018, divided into 10 different genres.
- GOBBLE generated the highest viewership in March for Food category, followed by HEBBAR’S KITCHEN on Facebook India.
- GLAMRS is the most viewed How-to-Style Facebook page with more than 69 million views this March.
- FILTERCOPY is the most viewed Facebook page in the comedy genre.
- VIJAY TELEVISION and COLORS TV are the top two most viewed traditional entertainment Facebook Page for the month of March.
- THE QUINT leads the table of the most viewed new age news Facebook page for the month of March.
- In traditional news Facebook Pages, AAJ TAK leads with more than 274 million views.
- THE AMIT BHADANA is the most viewed independent creator on Facebook India for the month of March.
- TRAVEL INSIDER and CURLY TALES are the most viewed Food & Travel Facebook pages in India for the month.
Following are the examples of insights that you are going to get through this monthly report.
- JOLLY FOOD FELLOW is the most viewed Facebook page in “Food” category.
- GLAMRS is the most viewed Facebook page in “How-to-style” category.
- WITTYFEED INDIA generates most viewership in “New-age- entertainment” category.
VIJAY TELEVISION is the most viewed traditional news based Facebook page for the month of February.
- THE AMIT BHADANA is the most viewed independent creator for the month of February.
- JOLLY FOOD FELLOW generated the highest viewership for the month of January 2018 in the Food Category.
- GLAMRS is the most viewed Facebook page in terms of video viewership for January in the How-To-Style category.
- WITTYFEED INDIA continues to be the leader in the new age entertainment category for the month of January 2018.
- In the traditional entertainment, VIJAY TELEVISION ranks top with the highest video views with more than 126 million for the month of January 2018.
- In the new age news category, INDIATIMES is the top news content provider on Facebook’s platform for the month of January 2018.
- The ranking is based on the number of views clocked only for the month.
- Only India based Facebook pages are taken into consideration.
- Indian food recipe related videos are all considered under the Food category.
- The closest relevant category is picked for pages that upload different kinds of videos.
- The popular page ranking for each category is based only on pages that upload videos consistently. There might be other pages that have more ‘Page Likes’ than the ones mentioned in the ranking, but they might not focus as much on video.
- There is a slight chance that we might have missed some pages that are popular but do not upload videos consistently. If it’s true, then you can mail us your suggestion at email@example.com.
The following types of pages are not considered for the ranking even though they clock millions of views:
- Facebook pages of political parties/personalities.
- Pages that freeboot videos (uploading videos without the content creator’s permission with or without edits)
- Pages that only upload video memes (using existing movie/music/viral video clippings)
- Pages of traditional celebrities like movie stars, sportspersons, singers etc.
- Pages of Brands like Amazon, Cadbury that upload video ads.
- Pages related to “Bollywood gossip” are removed.
- We have categorized all the pages into 10 major categories – FOOD, HOW-TO-STYLE, NEW AGE ENTERTAINMENT, TRADITIONAL ENTERTAINMENT, NEW AGE – NEWS, TRADITIONAL NEWS, INDEPENDENT CREATORS, SPORTS CREATORS, INDIAN F.M CHANNEL’S PAGES & TRAVEL.
- Fashion and lifestyle-related video content are included in HOW-TO-STYLE.
- NEW AGE ENTERTAINMENT BRANDS are digital-first brands like ScoopWhoop, Being Indian, AIB etc.
- TRADITIONAL ENTERTAINMENT BRANDS cover movie production houses, music labels, TV channels, Print newspapers and radio channels.
- The New-Age and traditional categorization is the same for News related brands as well.
- Those who make videos like comedy sketches, fashion vlogs, tutorials etc., fall under the INDEPENDENT CREATORS Do note that we have not included popular singers, sportspersons and movie stars in this list.
- For the category HOW-TO-STYLE; we selected fashion brands like L’Oréal, TresemmeIndia, Maybelline etc.
- For TRAVEL category, the main focus of selecting the criteria is Video content focusing on travel.
- Brands\ Travel agencies, Vloggers, influencers – all are considered eligible for this report. But, pages with ads are removed.
People Also Read
Being an artist, movie buff and a media enthusiast, content writing is my career train. I am a proud alumni of Symbiosis Institute of Media Communication (Pune) and currently working for Vidooly.