The increasing presence of YouTube in India gives an advantage to marketers to attract consumers through advertisements. Its growing importance in the video marketing and content creation for brands have become extensively discussed topics in recent years.
While Facebook is a “must have” network for all businesses, many brands are still dragging their feet, unwilling to admit that YouTube is a necessary and profitable addition to their other inbound marketing strategies. But, as YouTube usage in India continues to soar, the opportunity is just getting more significant for businesses who are ready to jump in.
So, in an attempt to analyze the vast landscape of Indian brands dominance on video marketing platform like YouTube, we jotted down the lifetime viewership, subscribers, and uploads of more than 500 brands in India. This study aims at exploring eight categories related to FMCG, FMCD, automobiles, banking and magazine brands in India.
- APPAREL & ACCESSORIES
- FOOD & BEVERAGE
As we all know, Fast-moving consumer goods, commonly abbreviated FMCG, are non-durable goods that sell quickly. In this report, we have three categories related to FMCG. These are Apparel & Accessories, Cosmetics, and Food & Beverage. Further categorizations are divided as,
- Brands in the industry of jewelry, clothing, and shoe are under “Apparel & Accessories.”
- Fashion, beauty, and consumer-goods brands are under Cosmetics.
- Brands under the industry of alcoholic beverages, non-alcoholic beverages, candy, frozen food, cereals and ayurvedic products are under Food & Beverages category.
- Fast Moving Consumer Durables (FMCD) brands are in the Technology category.
- All Indian and foreign banking brands with their operations active in India are under the Banking category.
- In the E-commerce category, we placed all retail website’s YouTube channels actively working in India including Zomato and Swiggy.
- For Magazines brands, we removed India Today, and Nat Geo YouTube channels from our list as those channels represent TV channels and not their magazines.
- HYUNDAI INDIA, FORD INDIA, and HERO MOTOCORP are the top three brands on YouTube – India in Automobiles category.
- RELIANCE TRENDS LIVE, AJIO LIFE and KOOVS are top tree apparel brands on YouTube India based on their lifetime YouTube video views.
- STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI), ICICI BANK, and KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK are top three banks in India on YouTube India.
- COLGATE INDIA, LAKME INDIA, DOVE INDIA are top three brands among Fashion, beauty and Indian consumer-goods brands.
- FLIPKART, AMAZON INDIA, and MYNTRA are the top e-commerce brands on YouTube India.
- PATANJALI AYURVED, MERI MAGGI, and PEPSI INDIA are three top Indian food and beverage brands in India. NOTE: Coca-Cola is not in this list as they operate Indian content through their international YouTube channel.
- SAMSUNG MOBILE INDIA, LG INDIA, and OPPO MOBILE INDIA dominate the technology category in YouTube India.
Being an artist, movie buff and a media enthusiast, content writing is my career train. I am a proud alumni of Symbiosis Institute of Media Communication (Pune) and currently working for Vidooly.