We’re all set to begin 2017 and I want to extend my warm greetings to everyone who’s been a part of our short but memorable journey so far. I hope you all had a fantastic holiday filled with joy and are all set to face a brand new season with renewed vigor and vibrant ambitions. With online video gaining massive traction in 2016, I expect this year to be absolutely exciting for us. We have interesting product enhancements in the pipeline and are going to focus a lot more on diversifying our capabilities and making our technology more platform agnostic. I wanted to jot down a few lines as a new year’s message on behalf of our team, reminiscing all that happened in 2016 and also want to share our road-map for the year ahead.
Before we move on, here’s a small image dump of team Vidooly 2016:
2016 – The year of transformation for us
To those of you who don’t know, we launched Vidooly in the last quarter of 2014 and raised seed funding from Bessemer Venture Partners in the middle of 2015. In the initial few months after the funding, we were busy expanding our team and our product offerings. We began with a Video Analytics tool for YouTubers to help optimize their channels and understand their audiences better. After that, we launched a custom CMS solution for Multi Channel Networks and content aggregators. The third major offering that we launched last year was a comprehensive video analytics and video marketing dashboard that can be used by digital focused brands and media agencies.
Amidst all these developments, we also released a free Google chrome extension, a website widget and cross platform leaderboard of online video creators. Some of the other marquee events that lit up the year for us were:
1. Acquisition of iCouch – an analytics firm specializing in analytics in the OTT space. You will definitely hear more about our OTT ambitions in the months to come.
2. Designed a custom technology solution that can track, analyze and predict the virality of videos across various social video platforms.
3. Partnered with Mindshare, one of the biggest media agencies in India to launch Kyve – a custom solution that can assist brands and advertisers to track online video viewership and understand their target audience better.
4. Partnered with one of the most premier private film schools in the country – Subhash Ghai’s Whistling Woods. The students of the institute will now study Vidooly as a part of their curriculum to understand the world of online video better.
2017 – The year of consolidation
After a memorable and eventful 2016, it’ll only make sense if we take it up a notch now. And that’s exactly what we plan to do this year. We will not only scale our existing business capabilities, we will also be adding a lot more to our repertoire. Here’s an overview of our plans for the year ahead:
Vidooly Creator Dashboard
- We will be adding a much sought after capability to the dashboard – facilitating brand deals. This will make it easier for brands to reach out to creators that resonate with their audience and pitch product integration with their content. It is also a great way for creators to expand their earning capabilities through brand deals.
- The existing features within the tool will be fine-tuned further and the reporting will be made more robust.
Vidooly dashboard for MCNs
- The MCN dashboard at present is mostly limited to YouTube. But this year, we will be enhancing its capabilities to track and analyze data from all the major social video platforms.
- The dashboard will also get a brand new rights management module that would make it easier for the MCNs to ensure that their content is not stolen and free-booted on YouTube or other platforms.
- The dashboard will also get a new module that brings in more transparency to the brand deals that MCNs make. The MCNs can share restricted access to brand managers to showcase the analytics based on custom requirements. For instance, if a brand wants to show its ads only on the channels that have a male-female breakup of 60-40, it can easily get that list.
Vidooly’s Brand dashboard
- The brand dashboard will get a campaign manager that they can use to run Adword campaigns from within the tool. The data signals showcased in the campaign manager will be far more robust and intuitive than any solution out there at present.
- The brands will also find it easier to reach out to the creators of their choice. The mechanism will be extremely simple and brands can reach out to creators with their proposal with just the click of a button!
Some of the other plans
- Expanding our analytical capabilities into the OTT domain is one of the bigger plans that we have for this year. The OTTs can use this tool to keep a close vigil on the viewing behavior of their audience.
- The OTT dashboard will also help the decision makers to arbitrate on content acquisition, based on the data provided by a solid research module that spans all major social video platforms.
- Enhance our content repository to help creators, MCNs, brands and media agencies. Just like how we have done so far, we will keep almost all of these resources free for consumption. If you haven’t already, do check out some of the industry reports and guides that we have published so far. You can find them here.
- We will also be coming up with interesting and educative video series’ that help the various stakeholders of the online video ecosystem.
It has been an awesome journey so far for us at Vidooly. We have gained from strength to strength in the short span of our existence. We have learned new things and have grown as a close knit family. We have a huge responsibility at our hands to take it to the next level in 2017 and I’m pretty sure that we’ll punch above our weights and come out stronger.
Until next time..I wish you all an amazing 2017! Godspeed.
By the way, you might find our year end reports interesting:
No matter how random things might appear, there's always a plan. Co-Founder of Vidooly, a sucky marathon runner, firefox Cycler and a movieBuff