If you are an avid YouTube user, you must have seen the platform recommend your suggestions for a variety of videos for you to watch on the homepage. This is how the platform exposes you to other artists which you are unaware when it comes to music content. Over the past few years, Latino/Spanish artists have started making major waves. Their community is growing, there are more cross-cultural collaborations and people are absolutely loving their music.
As this year 2018 comes to an end, YouTube revealed the list of Top 10 Music Videos of 2018. No wonder, it was dominated by Latino/Spanish tracks. They are doing a great job at competing on the world stage by delivering catchy music with well-produced music videos. People across the globe are so blown over the Español flavor of music that eight out of the YouTube top 10 music videos of 2018 were in Spanish. One artist that stands out is the Puerto Rican singer Ozuna who made three appearances on this list.
If you look at last year’s list of YouTube Top 10 Music Videos, there were six Spanish tracks which included the global smash-hit “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi – which still holds the record of being the most-viewed YouTube video of all time. This year the remix track “Te Bote” by Nicky Jam, Bad Bunny & Ozuna made it to the number one spot of YouTube Top 10 Music Videos of 2018.
It’s worth a mention that the remaining two English tracks on this list were Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B’s “Girls Like You” and Drake’s “God’s Plan”. Here’s the complete list of YouTube Top 10 Music Videos of 2018 as per views (data as of 13th Dec 2018):
- “Te Bote” Remix by Casper, Nio Garcia, Darell, Nicky Jam, Bad Bunny & Ozuna: 1.46B Views
- “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B: 1.43B Views
- “X (EQUIS)” by Nicky Jam ft. J. Balvin: 1.41B Views
- “Dura” by Daddy Yankee: 1.19B Views
- “El Farsante” (Remix) by Ozuna & Romeo Santos: 1.12B Views
- “Sin Pijama” by Becky G, Natti Natasha: 1.12B Views
- “Dame Tu Costa” by El Chombo ft. Cutty Ranks: 962M Views
- “God’s Plan” by Drake: 897M Views
- “Me Niego” by Reik ft. Ozuna & Wisin: 742M Views
- “Vaina Loca” by Ozuna & Manuel Turizo: 703M Views
I love to explore challenging opportunities in the field of Digital Media. Primarily, my skills revolve around Digital Video in terms of Content Strategy/Marketing, Analysis and Audience Development. My natural affinity towards diverse audio-visual content across platforms helps me develop a multitude of perspectives. In totality - I'm a keen learner, collector of new enriching experiences and have an undying conviction to always stay curious in life!