Where do the most creative people on YouTube gather to learn, connect and create with one another? It’s YouTube Spaces all across the globe in London, L.A., Berlin, New York, Paris, Rio, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, Toronto and Mumbai.
These Spaces offer YouTubers an opportunity to attend events, workshops and also provide with the latest production resources. At YouTube, they understand that in order to bring ideas to life, you need all sorts of knowledge and support. YouTube Space enables a YouTuber to make their dreams a reality. In Mumbai, YouTube has partnered with Whistling Woods International to provide resources to India’s ever-emerging creator community. It is situated in the heart of Mumbai’s Film City, surrounded by hills and lush green forest.
YouTube Space stands for three distinct opportunities for the creators that is Learn, Connect and Create. Let’s get into it’s details:
At YouTube Space Mumbai, creators are invited to attend workshops, social events and general informative classes. The classes range from production trainings and community events to showcases and workshops for creators in specified categories. All these classes help a YouTuber to improve their channel drastically and focus more on it’s content strategy. Interested creators can register for upcoming opportunities here.
YouTube Space Mumbai organises networking weekly events for YouTubers to connect with other local creators. Some of the event categories are Happy Hours, Screenings, Speaker Series and more. This initiative is to encourage more collaborations amongst local YouTubers while they utilize the YouTube Space for other support. Check out the events calendar and enroll.
As a creator, it is very important to be efficient without your ideas and YouTube Space helps bring them to life. It offers all types of resources for production which includes state of the art sound stages, post production and equipment. The best part is that all this is provided at no cost to the creator. However, there is an eligibility criteria for it which involves unlocking the space.
— YouTube Space Mumbai (@YouTubeSpaceMum) August 16, 2017
Let’s find out more about the qualifications and process to Unlock The Space:
- Must have a YouTube channel with at least 10,000 subscribers ( or 1,000 subscribers for registered nonprofits).
- Must have no current copyright or Terms of Service strikes on your qualifying channel(s)
- Must complete an “Unlock the Space” orientation
- Must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18, you must attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- Must not have a channel for a consumer brand*
“UNLOCK THE SPACE” ORIENTATION:
This is a three step orientation that provides creators with the necessary tools to make the most out of their YouTube Space production.
- Step 1: There is an online training covering YouTube’s policies, booking procedures, an overview of resources, and copyright training. The online training takes about an hour to complete.
- Step 2: There is a live session that expands on the online training and includes a facility tour. Up to two team members from your channel can participate in the live session. Only primary channel owners and lead producers need to attend live session.
- Step 3: There will be issued a Master Use Agreement for the creator’s signature. The “MUA” is the formal agreement creators make with Google in order to utilize a YouTube Space.
Once you complete “Unlock the Space”, you will be granted access to the many production resources and perks at YouTube Space Mumbai.
With all these perks to the creators at YouTube Spaces, it is easy to wonder “What’s the catch?”. There isn’t one. All channels participating will retain all their ownership of content, monetization and creative control as per YouTube. Ever video produced at the YouTube Space must pass through a legal clearance review prior to it’s publishing.
There’s something for every creator at the YouTube Space. So go ahead – learn, connect and create!
People Also Read
I love to explore challenging opportunities in the field of Digital Media. Primarily, my skills revolve around Digital Video in terms of Content Strategy/Marketing, Analysis and Audience Development. My natural affinity towards diverse audio-visual content across platforms helps me develop a multitude of perspectives. In totality - I'm a keen learner, collector of new enriching experiences and have an undying conviction to always stay curious in life!