The former Musical.ly that was taken over by ByteDance, a Chinese company in 2016 turned into becoming one of the most profitable and downloaded apps in the world. Now known by the name TikTok, this free app is a combination pack of the vines, Twitter, and Instagram. TikTok, with over 500 Million monthly users has surpassed the total download records of Instagram in the first half of its release.
TikTok marketing strategy is the talk amongst marketers for its effective tools and technique which are content based and ensure significant growth of the brand in least sponsoring. The app allows its 795 Million international users to create short 15 seconds videos, musical dubsmashes, and many other activities just as social media apps.
Initially launched as “Douyin” in the Chinese market It later got rebranded as TikTok with the strategy to serve the international market. It became the fast trending free app which continuously competes in the first three spots for downloads in the apple store. Lip Syncing videos are the Tiktok specific features which are used by almost all users.
How TikTok Marketing strategy for Business helps Monetize Trending Hashtags
Applications these days have helped many businesses reach their target customers and future markets as well. Looking from the point of a marketer in search of the target market, one would prefer promoting on different channels to attract required and relevant customers.
Taking an example for this, we would always pick LinkedIn if we are targeting professionals while we promote Facebook pages and groups to reach many niche groups. Meanwhile, TikTok is having growth at exponential rates for the fun that it offers to its users who belong to the age group between 10 – 19 years old.
The app grew more because of celebrity fan following where people like Jimmy Fallon started off hashtag challenges like #tumbleweedchallenge on Tiktok that got a lot of entries, which in turn gathered millions of views. TikTok challenges are significant pillars of promoting brands and events as they show the relevancy of the product or service being pushed by the concerned organization and business.
There have been challenges that were started by business houses themselves such as the McDonalds which ran #bigmactiktok challenge that not just involved customers but also gave them fantastic engagement on the social media handles as well. Challenges on tiktok despite having any offering or prize does get equal shout outs and traffic insights due to their popularity.
The application has added feature tools that check misuse and harassment online, thus making it an excellent way for marketers to promote their brands. Branding and promotion through TikTok is an effective medium to get maximum reach in the least investment. These hashtag movements involve just the relevant celebrity or influencer and useful content to push the message which anyhow goes viral online.
How to promote your brand through TikTok Marketing?
Well to get your brand’s product and service noticed and clicked you can try out these five popular ways:
- In-feed native ad: If you enjoy Instagram stories in full-screen mode and feel how good they help in advertising, then TikTok In-feed native ads are just the tool for you. These have options of adding website links and order now buttons on the ad itself, which helps users to land on the page directly.These are skippable ads and have multiple options on them for designing the overall ad. The usage of the ad can be traced by click-through rates, impressions, total views, video viewing time, and the engagements received.
- Hashtag challenge ads: In these type of advertising the user gets to see a specific banner ad that will take the user to the page of instructions and rules of the featuring challenge. The banner is put up on the discover page and depends on user content. It can be measured with insights that include banner views, clicks, number of user-generated content, number of views, engagement, and trending slot.This sponsored tool targets specific consumers, and there are more probable conversions. A classic example of TikTok marketing strategy is the #inmydenim challenge where any user who opened the app got redirected towards the challenge page with the banner ad.
- Brand takeover ads: One of the purest forms of TikTok advertising where images, Short video clips and GIF’s turn out to be precursors of the brand’s landing page or the hashtag challenge if any set. These are category exclusives, and hence only a single brand can take up a particular category per day. Reach can be measured by Impressions, click rates, and unique reaches. The brand takeover ads are effective because TikTok marketing tools are simple, user friendly techniques that has got great effects on branding a particular product or service.
- Hashtag challenges: The most popular twitter inspired activity that gathers audiences and spreads the brand message organically. The hashtag challenge campaigns are mostly non-sponsored, and with the right content, they have the ability to make any marketing strategy popular amongst the users and consumers.Hashtag challenges by influencers are more achievable for their extensive reach, thus making it a far-flung accepted ad concept. Additionally, it garners a considerable number of organic engagements. All you require is some blogger and influencer contacts and ideas of challenges that are doable and fun, along with being relevant to the message that is getting pushed.
- User participation: Most accessible and engaging mode of advertising on TikTok marketing strategy is user participation. Basically, user-generated content is used to promote the causes and brands with tools and features that make it easy and enable users to post ideas and content by themselves tagging the trending topic and concerned brands.To understand this concept, we can see the ad work done by Chinese restaurant Haidilao. The restaurant added the DIY option to its menu where users can select it and video the way their food is made as per their choice of ingredients. This concept encouraged more than 15000 users to film their experience at one of their chain of restaurant and post it up which got 2000 videos being shared on the app with over 50 million views on it.
TikTok marketing strategy for business now has sets trends, has popularity, and reach capabilities which are rising with each month passing by, and marketers must consider giving it a try this time if they haven’t yet done so.