The wait is finally over for YouTube lovers in 17 countries with the huge roll out of their two new services – YouTube Music and YouTube Premium. YouTube Music as the name suggests is a new music streaming service (both ad-supported and ad-free versions) with some really cool features that would rival Spotify and Apple Music. While YouTube Premium is a premium video service which is simply replacing YouTube Red. For a limited period of time, these services are available for free for three months and also comes with a Family Plan.
YouTube Music & YouTube Premium is available to everyone in the U.S, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and South Korea in addition to 12 new countries including Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
YouTube being the second largest search engine has always been a major platform for people to stream music but has never acted as a music streaming service, until now. It is the hub of both official releases and illegitimate uploads which may not be found on other streaming services. With the launch of YouTube Music, fans all around the world will find a new way of consuming their favorite songs – all compiled in a brand new web player and app.
Here are some of the unique features of the YouTube Music service:
- It encompasses everything, not just music videos. You will find official albums, singles, remixes, live performances, and covers.
- It has got enhanced recommendations built just for you based on the music that you’ve heard before based on where you are and what you’re doing. It feeds you with the right music at the right time.
- It comes with a huge library of playlists which is segregated according to genre, mood, and activity. So you don’t have to look for music, YouTube simply understands you and gives it to you.
- The struggle is real when you’re looking for a song whose name you don’t know or know few lyrics or know the wrong lyrics. YouTube Music comes here as a savior. It’s smart search features finds you the song that you’re looking for with whatever little information you feed it.
- You don’t have to wonder what’s currently hot in the music scene. With a dedicated Hotlist screen, the service shows you the hottest videos in the world right now.
- With the YouTube Music Premium service, you will be able to enjoy music ad-free, have it play in the background and have the option to download it on-the-go. Additionally, the Offline Mixtape automatically downloads songs you love just in case you forgot to.
Alongside the launch of YouTube Music, Google also re-branded it’s YouTube Red service as YouTube Premium. This will allow users to enjoy the features of YouTube Music Premium along with ad-free content, background plays and offline downloads across the whole of YouTube (not just music). It also gives the users access to YouTube Originals shows and movies. This service comes at a higher cost than YouTube Music Premium which is $11.99 per month.
I love to explore challenging opportunities in the field of Digital Media. Primarily, my skills revolve around Digital Video in terms of Content Strategy/Marketing, Analysis and Audience Development. My natural affinity towards diverse audio-visual content across platforms helps me develop a multitude of perspectives. In totality - I'm a keen learner, collector of new enriching experiences and have an undying conviction to always stay curious in life!