There’s a difference between free music for YouTube videos and royalty free music. Free music is where you can just download the music for free, but it’s not necessarily free to use. You might face copyright issues. Whereas copyright free music means it’s just free of any royalty fees. You have to just once, to buy it, or get it free from other resources. Once you buy/get the track, you can use it for free in a video, without being charged for the music per a number of views.
Basically, free royalty free music online resources offer music that is:
- Completely free to download and use.
- No licenses to purchase.
- You can use for commercial purpose.
As you can monetize your video, and make money off their music for free. Though some sources require you to credit their music in the video description or the end slate.
So in the blog post we have listed down sites that offer you:
- Free royalty free tracks
- A searchable music library
- Easy attribution process
- A plethora of-of tracks, genres, and moods to choose from.
So here are the 11 best sites to download royalty free Music for your YouTube videos.
- Most popular source for getting audio files from YouTube’s free music library.
- Music, sound effects that can be added straight away to your videos on YouTube, or download them to work offline.
- Hundreds of royalty-free music tracks and sound effects, searchable and can be filtered by genre, instrument, mood, duration, and attribution.
- Make sure you check if attribution is required. If it is then credit the artist in your video description.
Epidemic Sound was established in 2009 with the sole reason for making potential outcomes and advantages around music in all stages – both for the ones who form it and the ones who use it. This is one of the best place to get copyright free music.
HookSounds is an exclusive, well-curated music site that offers a variety of original tracks, composed by hand-picked artists from all over the world. Most online content creators are looking for modern, trendy, unique music and that’s exactly what HookSounds provides to its audience
One of HookSounds’ main objectives is to create non-generic music that you can’t find anywhere else. HookSounds has its own distinct sound.
- True to its name. Big stock of free music.
- Hundreds of free tracks in a range of genres.
- Formats available in MP3, WAV, & AIFF.
- Free sign-up.
- No attribution required.
- One of the top sites for copyright free music
- Easy search and filter
- Hundreds of music track available as MP3 files
- Decent sized library
- Regularly updates new music
- Attribution required in a specific form
Find out which channels and creators are popular in the Music genre across all social media platforms and unlock key data & insights. Connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- More than a thousand tracks, covering all genres.
- Music available in MP3 format.
- Citation required which complies with C.C. 3.0 license: A link to the TeknoAxe YouTube Channel, a link to the TeknoAxe website, a link to YouTube video where the music was used, or a link to the specific webpage on the site with track location.
- A wide range of tracks, genres
- Look for those marked as Legacy
- Available in MP3 format
- Attribution required under a specific licensed format
- He’s a musician who records a variety of music, usually with vocals.
- All music is written, recorded and produced by him personally.
- 10 albums, over 200 songs in total. This is the goto place for free royalty music for YouTube videos.
- Free for use, just give him the credit and promote his site.
- Sorted by genre, theme, and mood.
- Searchable by name
- Filter by length and tempo.
- Tracks in compressed MP3 format.
- Select track from the ‘Free for Commercial Use’ licensing option for copyright free music.
- Not the best searchability.
- But you can find some q
Free Music for videos quality music here.
- One of the biggest music libraries.
- Not free, but really really cheap ($1 or less each track). You may find a few free tracks too.
- A wide range of categories and
- Over 30,000 tracks to choose from.
- Different from other sites.
- You start with a brief survey, rather than browsing through a list of songs, genres, moods, etc.
- The Synkio team will get back to you with a selection of tracks that fits your idea and budget.
- Clear and simple pricing for each track.
- Plenty of quality music to take your YouTube channel to the next level.
Approaching Content Owners
Using these websites, there are millions of YouTube channels surviving on playing various genres of music on their YouTube channel and never received any copyright strike.
If you happen to like a music piece which you want to add your content for your Youtube channel, then you can approach the content owner directly. So, whether you want to use copyright free music for your parody song by a popular artist, cover it, or use it in your gaming channels, here is the easy way to gain access to the copyright material on YouTube.
1. Determine who the copyright author is
It doesn’t matter if an artist gave you authorities to use his song. The YouTube creator has to contact the agency where the artist’s music was distributed and ask for the permission.
MYTH – Is it true that we can use 30 seconds songs – NOPE
Many websites allow YouTubers to use their music and content for commercial purposes. For example, Blizzard entertainment allows their user community to use their games like StarCraft, Warcraft, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, Diablo for free (conditions applied).
- To access the full list of gaming companies that are copyright friendly, check out this list curated by wholetsplay.com.
Movies clips –
When we talk about movies, then nearly all major film studios have set up their own licensing divisions. Most of these divisions allow for basic licensing through the studio’s website. Here are some of the links to the film studios.
- MGM Media Licensing
- Sony Pictures Film Clips
- Universal Studios Media Licensing
- Warner Bros Clip Library
- Swank Motion Pictures
Remember, YouTube will not accept the copyright permission through email. So, you ask them to send the copyright permission, ask them to send mechanical license documentation via email and also if possible, ask them to post that information on their website. Do follow-up the email just to make sure you have a fluid transaction.
On a closing note, here are some YouTube channels that provide free royalty music for commercial use. (Do check the terms & conditions before using)